Sunday 24 January 2010

Well this is my first post. Can't think what to say lol

Well I supposed I can begin by telling you a little about myself. I'm a 35 year old mother of 3 (4 if you include my stepdaughter, ranging in age for 6 months to 10 years (15). Happily living in sin with my fab partner of 2 years, with our 3 cats and umpteen freshwater tropical fish.

Some time in early 2008, not long after I met my partner, I decided I was going to make a scrapbook for his 40th birthday. Good idea you may say, but considering I had never done anything at all in the way of crafty stuff other than stitching, I was beginning to think I had taken on a bit more than I could chew at one point. Fortunately I had a prolific scrapbooker/card maker on hand to offer advice (and lot's of embellishments) and I was very pleased with the result. Reduced my partner to tears when he saw it :)

Since then, the love of making fings has grown and so has the amount of boxes and shelves and drawers that I need to keep it in. I have tried all sorts of different techniques and styles and my inspiration comes from anywhere. Sometimes I don't even need inspiration to make something as my growing collection of cards made 'just-for-the-hell-of-it' will testify!

I will be posting up a few samples of stuff I have done as I go along, but I am very much a beginner so please be kind lol

No comments:

Post a Comment