Friday 9 April 2010

Sweet April Showers...

And so onto springtime. I love all the colours, the slight raise in temperature and of course, the rain. Ok, I lied about the last one, but the rest of it is true! I always struggle round Easter time, as I am not religious at all and find it a bit two-faced to give an Easter card, but always feel duty-bound to do something for my Mum as she always buys us and the kids something.

The image I chose for this year's card is a Digital Pencil Too digi stamp of a little girl with an umbrella being followed by some ducks, all splashing in the puddles. Isn't that just a lovely April image? Pretty much sums spring up for me!


I decided to limit myself to the spring colours pack of promarkers (with a hint of cool grey 1 and pumpkin here and there which I snuck in for detail) and the colours lent themselves to the image beautifully, lilac and pink for the wee girls coat and wellington boots, green and yellow for the umbrella and blue for the puddles. Added a few co-ordinating elements and was making it into an easel card when what did I find in my stash box? A little wooden yellow duck. Perfect!

Happy spring-time crafting everyone! xx

Entering this for:


One stitch at a time - Anything goes

Quixotic - Spring

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

Sophisticat Challenges - Raining Cats and Dogs

18 comments:

  1. Oh I just love Mo's images!! This is wonderful and very springlike!!

    Thanks for joining in our girly challenge this week at Stamptacular!
    Hugs
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and image thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Hugs Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and a sweet image, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, fab image,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card and image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us over at OSAAT, Fabulous card and great detail, hope to see you again on Sunday for results and next challenge,
    Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you used one of my favourite images of Mo, being a (very proud) mother of two chinese daughters this image reminds me of them when they were little. You did a wonderful job with her! Thanks for joining us at SSC, hope you will play along next week! Hugs Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Sarah ! I love Mo Manning's images too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Loving the colours and the image that you have used. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT and i hope you'll pop back on Sunday to check out the winners and our next challenge.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the image and the papers :-) Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fab card, lovely image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab creation, and thanks for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who won and find out all about our next challenge :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card. Amazes me what you ladies can do sometimes...Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us at OSAAT.

    Hope to see you again next week..Good Luck

    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling image. I love the papers. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lovely card and the little duck is so cute

    Thanks for playing along at Sophisticats

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card hun.Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gerrin good at this arent ya! Well done chick, you've done a fab job with this one :D

    Fankoo for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. April Showers! Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete